Coolidge

Coolidge

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Special Thanks

Dear Coolidge Families,

On Wednesday, November 26, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving assembly at Coolidge, organized by Team Voyager with special contributions from the band and acapella group.  It was moving and fun, and I am so appreciative of those students and adults who so carefully planned for the assembly, the food drive, and the music!

During the assembly, I read my own list of thanks as a way to both share myself with the school as well as to encourage the students to take a moment to pause and to give thanks.  I hope they were able to do so!

Thankfulness, by Mrs. Marchant...

 ·          I am thankful for my immediate family, including my husband Dave, my son Taylor, my daughter Olivia, and my dog Teddy.
·         I am thankful for my parents, my brother, my sister, and their families.
·         I am thankful for my health and that of my family.
·         I am thankful for my friends, who remain my friends through thick and thin, through celebrations and challenges, and over distance and time.
·         I am thankful to have a home.
·         I am thankful to be able to provide for my family, such as food and heat and fun.
·         I am thankful for being provided an excellent education, and to always keep on learning no matter how old I get.
·         I am thankful for the community of Reading, which I share with most of you students, as it is a wonderful place to work and learn and grow.
·         I am thankful for the country I live in and for those who work hard to keep us safe.
·         I am thankful to have a job.
·         I am thankful to love my job.
·         I am thankful for my amazing colleagues, meaning the teachers and staff in this building, who love what they do and who are passionate about supporting and educating middle school students along their/ YOUR path in life.
·         I am thankful for all of you students, who are the heart of this school.  My life would not be the same without you!
·         I am thankful for our Community Core Values, which hold us strong at our foundation of who we are as a community.
·         I am thankful for laughter.
·         I am thankful for music.
·         I am thankful for sunsets. (Did you happen to see the one last night?)
·         I am thankful for exercise.
·         I am thankful for good books, movies, and TV shows that make me think, laugh, or cry, or just allow me to get lost in the stories.
·         And lastly, I am thankful for the teachers and students of Team Voyager for putting together such a wonderful assembly!

I hope you and your families had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Warmly,
Sarah Marchant


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading that! The Torra family is thankful for you providing a safe, positive environment at Coolidge for our boys and all students. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete