Coolidge

Coolidge

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Getting Busy!

I just spent time not only uploading our most recent Coolidge Comet, but also putting activities and dates on the Edline calendar.  Updating these brought to light that there are many amazing opportunities for students at Coolidge not only during school but also after school!  Thank you to all of the staff and to the PTO for making these opportunities possible!  What the calendar does not reflect is all of the other things that are going on before and after school to support students: check ins (and outs) with teachers; extra help; homework programs; high school mentors; student volunteers.... and the list goes on!  Amazing!
As I speak of "all that is going on", it seems like a good moment to thank Mrs. Pink, for her focused and heartfelt efforts to staff the buildilng and to support all that goes on in the building every day.  Also thanks to Mrs. Zanni and Mrs. Mungenast in the front office; the first month of school is an unbelievably busy time in the office, and they have been efficient, steadfast, and calm in their amazing efforts!

I would like to invite parents to our first PTO meeting this Tuesday at 7:00 in the MPR. The meeting will start with PTO updates/business, followed by a short presentation on Transitions, with a Q&A session to follow.  This will be led by two of our student support staff, Marlene Lifshin and Laura Vance.   Feel free to check out the links on my blog if you would like to read more about transitions, and feel free to bring any questions or concerns you have!

And to close, I want to acknowledge that many projects are under way to help our students be a part of their "Communities"!  I will post pictures to keep you posted on some great projects!  This week, I captured a few homerooms cleaning up the greater Coolidge/Fields areas!  Well done, everyone!

I hope you have been enjoying this amazing weather (as I write this I am sitting on my deck, enjoying the sun, the breeze, and the fall foliage)!


No comments:

Post a Comment